MSPA Fall 2015 Conference
Implementing Positive Psychology and Mindfulness Techniques in School Settings
Dan Tomasulo, Ph.D.
Professor at New Jersey City University (NJCU), Assistant Instructor for Martin Seligman ‘The Father of Positive Psychology’ at the UPenn Masters of Applied Positive Psychology Program (MAPP), Developer of the Dare to be Happy experiential workshops for Kripalu, and the Creator of Interactive-Behavioral Therapy
Debra Burdick, LCSW, BCN
“The Brain Lady,” Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Board Certified Neurofeedback practitioner, international speaker, and best-selling author with over 25 years of experience in teaching mindfulness skills to clients
8:00 – 9:00 Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 12:00 The Power of Positive Psychology: Well-Being as an Untapped Driver of Achievement in Education (D. Tomasulo)
12:00 -1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 4:00 Teaching Mindfulness Techniques to Children and Adolescents (D. Burdick)
Learning objectives for this conference are as follows:
1. Participants will develop an understanding of the history of the positive psychology movement.
2. Participants will be able to identify the elements of PERMA as a central theory in positive psychology.
3. Participants will learn the principles behind character strength development.
4. Participants will describe key research currently employed in positive education.
5. Participants will review the research on mindfulness for children and adolescents.
6. Participants will develop an understanding of the neurobiology behind mindfulness and will be able to explain that in terms children and adolescents can understand.
7. Participants will experience specific mindfulness skills that work for children and adolescents.
8. Participants will identify and address obstacles to mindfulness in children and adolescents.
6817 Dogwood Road
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
phone: (443) 380-2298
Driving Directions to West »
Online Registration Opens July, 2015
Online Registration ends on October 10, 2015.
USPS Registration must be postmarked by October 10, 2015. Download brochure and paper registration here.
Requests for refunds must be submitted, in writing (email to email@example.com or USPS), no later than October 11, 2015
Requests for interpreters must be received no later than September 16, 2015.
Requests for a Kosher meal must be received no later than October 2, 2015.